Protect Your Brain – Stay In The Game!
Sports related concussions are serious injuries that can often go unrecognized and left untreated can result in serious long-term problems.
Elite Care Emergency Room now offers FREE Pre-Season Concussion ImPACT Baseline Testing. ImPACT testing is important and can be used to compare to a post-concussion test. If your athlete has a suspected concussion, the ImPACT test will be used to compare to a post-concussion test assisting your health care team in identifying the effects and severity of your injury, your treatment options as well as informed return to play decisions.
ImPACT measures multiple aspects of cognitive function, including attention span, working memory, sustained and selective time, non-verbal problem solving and reaction time.
Register below for your ImPACT testing time. The ImPACT test is administered in a quiet non-distracting environment via desktop computer. It takes approximately 25- 30 minutes, and results are kept in a secure national data-base and can be accessed by your physician at any time.
Pre-Season Baseline Testing at Elite Care
- We use the ImPACT concussion model ( Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing)
- Immediate appointments available for athletes 12 years of age and older
- Easy on-line appointment registration.
Post-injury ImPACT testing and Evaluation
- Administered by a board-certified physician trained in emergency care
- On-site CT scanner available as needed
- Individual treatment plan tailored to the injured athlete
- Specialist referral as needed